Thursday, June 21, 2012

Riding the Summer Heatwave

Wow, June has rolled in with a heat wave. I heard on the radio the other day someone saying that June and July will feel more like August and September, and I couldn't agree more. Although I really don't mind it--I would much rather have sunny days then gloomy-stay-in-side-and-pout-rainy days. It has also been good for running outside, which is the ultimate relief from being couped up in a gym all winter.

We have been really busy this summer already and its only June. I am glad that I am not working two jobs this summer so I can be busy with family and friends instead of work and crazy scheduling. Its been nice to have a few busy weeks and then a weekend off to do nothing, but honestly "doing nothing" is not in Dusty's vocabulary so we have rarely "done nothing." One of the major projects that we took on in the Spring and has rolled into the summer is clearing out the back part of our yard. Dusty cleared it when he first remodeled the house and for some frustrating, looming reason we let it grow back up. Not sure why, but obviously I have some inward anger issues to deal with about this :) We've fought through sticks, debris, trash from the church dumpster next door, and I have gotten lucky and am allergic to poison ivy--it is filled with poison ivy--no turning back though, we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

This is a before picture..please excuse my ghetto Blackberry picture taking skills.

This is how it looks now--the light!! (we used the infomercial before and after photo technique).

And THIS is what it will look like completed...
I wish! But we are planning to move our vegetable garden back there, maybe hopefully possibly a chicken coop if I can convince grumpy pants that it will benefit us in the long run haha, and also some wild flowers. Rus will be able to run back there and hopefully not scare any small children. We need to till up the rest and have a few bonfires this fall to get rid of the debris-so if you're reading this you're invited, please bring some hot dogs to share.


We've also been busy attending weddings-this photo is from Carrie (Deal) Power's wedding, which was beautiful and eventful. We've been on some fun short weekend trips to Gatlinburg, TN from which I will probably never be able to drink two days in a row ever again, and we also celebrated two years of marriage on May 29th. We still have stuff to look forward to...trips with girlfriends (okay--I have a trip with girlfriends, Dusty better not have any trips with girlfriends to look forward to), a mission trip to the Appalachian area, and a few more weddings. All I can hope is the rest of the summer goes niiice and sloooww...
Enjoy the rest of June!



No comments:

Post a Comment